Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away

He said,

“ Naked I came from my mother’s womb,
And naked I shall return there.
The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away.
Blessed be the name of the Lord.” Job 1:21

In the past 2 months, my family and I lost my Granny and my uncle (her son). The Lord took away two special people in our lives. We are grieving but the Lord also gives. Our family also received blessed news. A week after my Granny passed my cousin Brittany found out she was pregnant. In our time of loss the Lord gave us something to smile about and to look forward to. We are excited to add a new member to the family.  Granny and Herman would've enjoyed this wonderful addition as much as anyone. 

The Lord will give strength to His people;
The Lord will bless His people with peace.
Psalm 29:11

No comments: