Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Jesus wept...

One of the first verses children learn is, John 11:35, "Jesus wept." It's the shortest verse in the Bible but those words pack a mighty powerful punch when you study them. Jesus, our Lord and Savior, wept. He didn't just cry a little... He wept as in sobbing tears. These two words bring comfort to me at this time. I've just had to give up my Granny and my heart is saddened. My Savior knows this feeling. He lost his friend and wept for him. Granny is in heaven which is a glorious place. I know that my heavenly Father understands my grief and that I miss her. In Matthew 5, the Bible says, "Blessed are those that mourn for they shall be comforted." My family and I will be comforted.
I will miss a lot about my Granny:
  • hugs (they felt like sunshine)
  • her humor
  • her honesty

Two things Granny always taught us.

  1. She may not have liked what we did, but she always loved us.
  2. Love is the most important gift you can give!

No comments: