Friday, August 7, 2009

Love is...

I know you're probably thinking, "What is the single girl going to tell me about love?" Well, I think I have had some of the greatest examples of love. If we turn to God and his Word he tells and shows us all about love.
First, I want to say thanks to all of my family for showing me love and what it means. My grandmother(Granny).
has always told us that the greatest gift you can have is love. You may not have money or the so-called finer things in life but if you know you are loved you are richer than anyone. My Granny will tell you, "that can"t be taken away." As you can guess, I know that I am loved.
My extended family has also shown me what love is. I am an only child. However, with seven 1st cousins I was never without a companion. I feel as if they are my brothers & sisters. They each will always have a special place in my heart. My aunts & uncles were always there for me in my journey through life. Each one helped to shape who I am. They showed me that love...love for God, love for family, and love for friends is the way to be happy in life.
My parents have been married for 31 years. I've never seen them fight. (Mom says I just haven't been around.)They tell each other "I Love You" before they leave and before they go to bed. As a side note, they tell me this also. They taught me that you should tell people how you feel and do it often... You never know when you will get that chance again or what it will mean to that person. They have also given me what I consider to be the truest definition of love: You don't love someone because of anything... you love them in spite of it all.

Thanks to my church family for all your love. I say this because I have gone to the same church since I was about two weeks old. My church family is truly a key part in my life. You helped me find God and His love. I understand what it means to be in the FAMILY OF GOD.
1 John 4:8 says,"The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love." To know God, is to know love. God will always love us. We are his children. (See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, that we would be called children of God... 1 John 3:1) John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life." He sent his son to die on a cross for us. He loves us that much.WOW!!! In 1 Corinthians 13, Paul writes to the church at Corinth telling them that they can have great things and do great acts but if they don't have love it means nothing. Hmm...guess my Granny was right...Love is the greatest gift. 1 Corinthians 13:13-And now these three remain:faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.
I hope I showed you that a single girl can know a little something about love.
  1. GOD IS LOVE!
  2. Love in spite of it all
  3. Love is the greatest gift. (1 Cor. 13 & Granny)

LuAnn

No comments: